Westchester Funeral Home
Overview: Funeral Director / Embalmer Intern
We are changing the culture of our profession in a positive way and we want you to be a part of it. Apply today to hear more about the amazing opportunities here. We can’t wait to speak with you about the incredible reasons why you’ll love it here.
Benefits of Working at Miami Memorial Park:
• We are the preferred provider in our community. Passion is what drives us to treat every family we serve as if they were our own, & that includes our Memorial Plan family.
• We are a dynamic privately-owned funeral company offering multiple opportunities for growth.
• We offer competitive pay, 401K, Health/Dental insurance, paid vacations, and a positive environment.
• We are putting safety first! We continue to meet and exceed all CDC mandated safeguards for the safety and health of our team.
• We strive to maintain a schedule that allows work/life balance.
Why Miami, FL:
• Weather is amazing all year round
• No state income tax
• Reliable public transportation
• Amazing eats including authentic Cuban and Latin cuisine
• An abundance of festivals, museums and theaters
Here at Memorial Plan we strive for work and life: balanced. Ideas and innovation: invited. Employment here is designed to transcend expectations. We pride ourselves on providing careers that reward your passion for impacting the lives of others with the culture, to change yours.
We are seeking a Funeral Director Intern for Westchester Funeral Home. The Funeral Director Intern is responsible for observing, training, and practicing techniques including funeral directing, funeral arrangements, counseling, visitations, forms and agreements. Under the direction of the Funeral Director, the Intern assists with managing all phases of the funeral arrangement including removal of the deceased, selecting and setting up funeral services to final disposition.
• Creates a positive first impression when answering the phone, responding to a first call, and assisting with a service
• Practices presenting options to families during the arrangement process
• Assists with coordinating, planning and scheduling visitations, services, receptions and open houses
• Participates in scheduling all service arrangements and details such as clergy, honorariums, military organizations and any other persons involved in conducting the event
• Assists in the maintenance of the facilities, grounds and vehicles
• Works with Funeral Director in obtaining all necessary information needed to complete documents such as death certificates, burial transit permits, insurance policies, VA burial benefits, obituaries, and death notices
• Prepares the memorial area for the family before the services start
• Ensures that flowers and other memorabilia are returned to the family after services
• Maintains reverence and respect for the deceased at all times
• Currently enrolled in an accredited mortuary program
• Ability to communicate clearly, follow directions and perform accordingly
• Experience handling sensitive situations in a professional manner
• Understanding of the services and products available
• Knowledge of current federal, state and local regulations related to the funeral industry
Want to stay informed about new job opportunities at NorthStar? Join our Talent Network & receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/JKwgNBUQmz1EmI6YJh2nNK
Westchester Funeral Home
9800 SW 24th Street
Miami, FL 33165