Come visit us in beautiful Dallas, Texas, with access to nearby Fort Worth.
You're one step closer to achieving your career goal!
We are pleased to learn of your interest in pursuing studies at Dallas Institute of Funeral Service. Our associates program and funeral director certificate program is affordable, acclaimed, and student centered. We combine extraordinary faculty with real-world studies. We have an exceptionally diverse student population and an unparalleled support for your goals. For additional information on applying or attending our college, please contact our Admissions Office by emailing email@example.com or call 214-388-5466. We look forward to answering all your questions or give you a tour!
The application form for enrollment into the college should be secured from the Office of Admissions of the college or apply here online. The completed application should be returned as far in advance as possible of the actual enrollment date to allow for proper processing of the application.
Educational requirements are prescribed by statute as well as rules and regulations of the funeral service licensing board of the state in which a student desires to obtain licensure following graduation from Dallas Institute of Funeral Service. It is essential that an applicant be familiar with these requirements before enrollment. Licensing criteria vary considerably from state to state so it is strongly recommended that the applicant contact the state licensing board or the Admissions Office to insure compliance in advance of graduation. The minimum requirement for admission in all cases is high school graduation or its equivalent.
Application for Admission
The application for matriculation should be filled out completely and returned to the Admissions Office. In addition, the following items are required for admission and acceptance to the College:
- A high school transcript certifying graduation or a GED certificate and scores. This should be sent directly to the college.
- One transcript from each college previously attended by applicant. This should be sent directly to the college.
- A recent photograph attached to the application for ID purposes only.
- A $50.00 application fee.
- Provide evidence that the applicant has had the required Bacterial Meningitis Immunization.
- Successfully completed entrance assessments and earned the minimum score of 280 in the verbal section and 280 in the quantitative section
The college reserves the right to refuse admission to any applicant when it is considered to be in the best interest of the College, staff, faculty, students and the funeral service profession.
As of July 1, 2022, Pierce Mortuary Colleges will no longer be accepting International Students.