Come visit us in beautiful Dallas, Texas, with access to nearby Fort Worth.
Dallas Institute of Funeral Service is a non-profit institution dedicated to education and research for the funeral profession. Dallas Institute of Funeral Service offers educational opportunities to those interested in funeral service as a career. The institute provides the theory portion and practical application of funeral service education preparing the student for entry into the profession and for a State and/or National Board examination enabling him/her to begin or continue apprenticeship or internship for licensure.
The central aim of the College is to recognize the importance of funeral service education personnel as:
- members of a human service profession;
- members of the community in which they serve;
- participants in the relationship between bereaved families and those engaged in the funeral service profession;
- professionals knowledgeable of and compliant with federal, state, provincial / territorial, and local regulatory guidelines (in the geographic area where they practice) as well as
- professionals sensitive to the responsibility for public health, safety, and welfare in caring for human remains.
Objectives of the College
The objectives of Dallas Institute of Funeral Service reinforce its mission statement and institutional aims. To that end, the College will strive to:
- enlarge the background and knowledge of students about the funeral service profession;
- educate students in every phase of funeral service and to help enable them to develop proficiency and skills necessary for the profession;
- educate students concerning the responsibilities of the funeral service profession to the community at large;
- emphasize high standards of ethical conduct;
- provide a curriculum at the post-secondary level of instruction, and
- encourage student and faculty research in the field of funeral service.
- National Association of Colleges of Mortuary Science
- Texas Funeral Directors Association
- National Funeral Directors Association
The Dallas Institute of Funeral Service offers equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, marital status or veteran status.
In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (P.L. 88-352) we accept students without regard to race, color or national origin.