Come visit us in beautiful Dallas, Texas, with access to nearby Fort Worth.
Dallas Institute of Funeral Service is dedicated to providing quality education through transformative experiences and applied training to prepare leaders in the funeral service profession.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Explain the importance of funeral service professionals in developing relationships with the families and communities they serve.
- Identify standards of ethical conduct in funeral service practice.
- Interpret how federal, state, and local laws apply to funeral service in order to ensure compliance.
- Apply the principles of public health and safety in the handling and preparation of human remains.
- Demonstrate technical skills in embalming and restorative art that are necessary for the preparation and handling of human remains.
- Demonstrate skills required for conducting arrangement conferences, visitations, services, and ceremonies.
- Describe the requirements and procedures for burial, cremation, and other accepted forms of final disposition of human remains.
- Describe methods to address the grief-related needs of the bereaved.
- Explain management skills associated with operating a funeral establishment.
- Demonstrate verbal and written communication skills and research skills needed for funeral service practice
- Texas Funeral Directors Association
- National Funeral Directors Association
The Dallas Institute of Funeral Service offers equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, marital status or veteran status.
In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (P.L. 88-352) we accept students without regard to race, color or national origin.