Come visit us in beautiful Dallas, Texas, with access to nearby Fort Worth.
Dallas Institute of Funeral Service is a non-profit institution dedicated to education and research for the funeral profession. Dallas Institute of Funeral Service offers educational opportunities to those interested in funeral service as a career. The institute provides the theory portion and practical application of funeral service education preparing the student for entry into the profession and for a State and/or National Board examination enabling him/her to begin or continue apprenticeship or internship for licensure.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Explain the importance of funeral service professionals in developing relationships with the families and communities they serve.
- Identify standards of ethical conduct in funeral service practice.
- Interpret how federal, state, and local laws apply to funeral service in order to ensure compliance.
- Apply the principles of public health and safety in the handling and preparation of human remains.
- Demonstrate technical skills in embalming and restorative art that are necessary for the preparation and handling of human remains.
- Demonstrate skills required for conducting arrangement conferences, visitations, services, and ceremonies.
- Describe the requirements and procedures for burial, cremation, and other accepted forms of final disposition of human remains.
- Describe methods to address the grief-related needs of the bereaved.
- Explain management skills associated with operating a funeral establishment.
- Demonstrate verbal and written communication skills and research skills needed for funeral service practice
- Texas Funeral Directors Association
- National Funeral Directors Association
The Dallas Institute of Funeral Service offers equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, marital status or veteran status.
In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (P.L. 88-352) we accept students without regard to race, color or national origin.