Resthaven Funeral Home
Funeral Director in Shawnee, Oklahoma
Overview & Responsibilities
SCI is certified as a Great Place to Work ® by the Great Place to Work Institute. In a recent survey, our associates said that their work has special meaning and is not “just a job”. We currently have a full time opening for a Funeral Director at Resthaven Funeral Home in Shawnee, OK. This is the opportunity to be part of the Dignity Memorial® provider network and grow your career in the funeral, cremation and cemetery services business. For us, there is no greater responsibility than celebrating each life like no other and making a difference in the lives of people we serve.
This position interacts directly with client families during their time of need and is responsible for creating and maintaining a premier level of client family satisfaction. Our Funeral Directors are looking for more than a career – it's a calling. Here is the chance to make a real difference helping families during difficult times through compassion, understanding and providing the utmost in service. This is a great opportunity to develop your career, with training and advancement.
Requirements & Qualifications
• Associate's or Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Must have the appropriate state funeral licensure or the ability to reciprocate license from another state
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact with families during time of need and create and maintain a premier level of client family satisfaction
• Proficient with computers and technology with knowledge of MS Office Tools
• Ability to manage a caseload while creating an exceptional customer experience
• Excellent driving skills and record
• Ability to lift 50 lbs or more
SCI Overview - Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
• Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
• 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
• Vacation and sick time
• Tuition reimbursement
• Funeral discounts, and more
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.